Even in the 1960s 'peace activists' were nothing of the sort

Von: Eric Gisin (ericg@nospammail.net) [Profil]
Datum: 03.06.2010 23:31
Newsgroup: alt.politics.libertarian alt.politics.greens alt.global-warming alt.fan.countries.israel alt.activism
Wonder how long it will take for AGW fascists to become as violent as the neo-nazi Israel
deniers
and commie anti-globalists?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamescorum/100041768/ever-since-the-1960s-peace-activist
s-have-been-nothing-of-the-sort/

By James Corum World Last updated: June 1st, 2010

The videos of international "peace activists" using metal rods and clubs to
assault Israeli naval
personnel off the coast of Gaza were very revealing indeed. Even more so because that tiny
strip of
land is one of the most violent centres for world terrorism today.

I have had long experience with peace activists in American and Europe. And I am impressed
by the
prowess in the use of violence that peace activists routinely demonstrate. Indeed, until I
was sent
by the US Army to Iraq in 2004, the greater part of physical and criminal violence that I
have
experienced in my life has come from liberal and leftie peace activists.

I had my first experience with peace lovers in 1965 when my father was the deputy
commander of the
Presidio of San Francisco, in those days an Army post located right in the centre of the
city. Due
to its location, it was a magnet for the 1960s-era protests. My father was tasked to deal
with
anti-Vietnam demonstrations that began with the deployment of US combat troops to Vietnam.
A group
of seven liberal activists - some of them who later became quite prominent in the
Democratic Party
in California - requested permission to hold a demonstration on the Presidio. Of course,
political
demonstrations of any type are forbidden on federal property. My father, following federal
law,
denied the protest request. My father was also noted in the local press as the one who had
turned
down the peace activists' - so a personal target was clearly identified.

The night after my father denied the peace demonstration request our car - a beautiful
1957
Lincoln - was completely destroyed by terrorists. In those days the Presidio was an open
post - and
anyone had access. From that day on, and for the next few months, we received constant
death
threats. Federal agents traced a lot of the calls to Berkeley - center of peace activities
in the
Bay area. When I was twelve I got quite used to picking up the phone and having peace
people tell
me they would kill our family. When you personally experience terrorism as a twelve
year-old, you
grow up quickly in terms of understanding politics - and especially understanding the true
nature
of "peace" activists.

As a student in Germany in the mid -1970s I saw German peace advocates violently assault
people at
Heidelberg University who disagreed with the leftist agenda. Fortunately, the State of
Baden
Wuertemberg jailed a couple of the the protesters who had committed violent assaults in
the name of
peace and justice. Immediately the level of violence at the university declined as the
peace
leaders were removed.

Later, in the 1970s, when I was a young US Army officer in Germany, a person of peace who
didn't
like the presence of US forces in Germany (and clearly would have preferred the soldiers
of the
peaceful USSR instead) put a paving stone through my car windshield. That's right - one of
those
big stones put in the street that can kill you.

Today, whenever I hear that "peace people" are in the area I reach for my helmet
and look for
shelter - for violence and terrorism are almost sure to follow.

It's the reality of life that many of the most gentle, peaceful, orderly and tolerant
people that I
have ever met or worked with have been soldiers. On the other hand, many of the most
violent and
dangerous people I have ever faced were peace activists.

Tags: Gaza, Israel, peace activists, terrorism

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]