Re: Dennis Hammes' brother died...

Von: George Dance (georgedance04@yahoo.ca) [Profil]
Datum: 05.06.2010 20:29
Newsgroup: rec.arts.poems alt.arts.poetry.comments

wrote:
> [...]
<jeannek...@aol.com> wro
te:

>http://www.lacrossetribune.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituari
es/ar...

lo
ng
liberty
of
names
of

Hammes."

Manitowoc; on
Vulcan
,

brother,
Dennis

2010.http://ww
w.lacrossetribune.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/ar...

> > > Hope someone will find the time to add this info to the Wiki biograph
> > > for Dennis Hammes:
>
> > >http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Dennis_M._Hammes
>
> > > "...Dennis M. Hammes, born April 8 1945, died December 23 2008, was
> > > American Poet and author of Scrawlmarks, the online poetry manual. He
> > > was known mainly as a regular contributor to the Usenet newsgroups
> > > alt.arts.poetry.comments and rec.arts.poems."
>
> > > --
> > > "Shadowville Speedway" CD on Artemis Records:
>
> http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html
>

> > WOW.  I was not aware he passed.
> > He will be missed by many.
> > My humble condolences to us all.
> > Amathyzt
>
> Yes, it could be that Uncle Dennis was what kept these newsgroups
> alive, since things have completely fallen apart here after his
> passing.

Oh, the newsgroups will muddle through; and at least his many comments
are more-or-less permanantly archived here. What's saddest is that
Dennis's website, scrawlmark.org, is gone from the web.

http://www20.search.rogers.com/search?qo=scrawlmark.org&rn=pOrGSJ1R1Yqg
Uhi

The main page may still be preserved at archive.org, but (as we saw
recently with Paul Heslop's geocities site), it's unlikely that the
entire site will be accessible there. So, unless his son has a copy on
disk, it's apparently gone.

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/queenjane/index2.html