Re: May Magnificat / Gerard Manley Hopkins

Von: George Dance (georgedance04@yahoo.ca) [Profil]
Datum: 04.06.2010 03:36
Newsgroup: rec.arts.poems alt.arts.poetry.comments
On Jun 2, 2:00 pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 30, 12:23 pm, George Dance <georgedanc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>

> > May Magnificat / Gerard Manley Hopkins
>
> > May is Mary's month, and I
> > Muse at that and wonder why:
> >     Her feasts follow reason,
> >     Dated due to season—
>
> > Candlemas, Lady Day;
> > But the Lady Month, May,
> >     Why fasten that upon her,
> >     With a feasting in her honour?
>
> > [...]
>
> > read the rest at:
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/may-magnificat
>
> Interesting... good to see this poem anthology continue.

Yeah, things are going well on it. I'm over 100 poems now, and over
1,000 visits.

> Lisa
> Scarborough just revived her poetry page, which you might find
> interesting, maybe work something out to use one of her poems...
>
> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=682918897#!/note.php?note_id=1
>

> "Sunday at 7:38am
> I have had this webpage for years...something went wrong with the
> music tag I had embedded in the html and between that and the fact
> that I was offline because I could not afford internet, the ability to
> gain access to my LisaSays page was lost.
> Last night, the page crossed my mind again, I logged in, something
> just clicked and I finally located the faulty code and removed it.
> Ahhhh, now I can view and use my webpage again!
> Now I've got to relearn html. Needless to say, I've forgotten most
> everything that I learned about how to use it. That's ok- I taught
> myself once, I'll learn it again.
> Now I need to add the few pieces of writing that I've done in the
> years since I last had acess to the page..."
>
> Lisa Ritter Scarborough:

I sent her a friend request, and I'll take a look. Either that or a
reciprocal link to her page; I've started adding those, and I'd like
to do that to one of your pages, too.