Re: The Atheist and the Marine

Von: Snarky (popesnarky@caballista.organ) [Profil]
Datum: 05.11.2008 13:02
Newsgroup: alt.usenet.kookssoc.culture.usa alt.atheism alt.talk.creationism alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:00:45 -0800, JessHC wrote these lies, denials,
arrogant assertions, erroneous presuppositions, and/or obfuscations:
> Joseki359 wrote:
>> --
>>     (this doesn't get any better)
>>
>>     A United States Marine was attending some college courses
>> between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan .
>> One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member
>> of the ACLU.
>>
>>     One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He
>> looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I
>> want you to knock me off this platform.  I'll give you exactly 15
>> minutes."
>>

>>     The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten
>> minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still
>> waiting." It got  down to the last couple of  minutes when the Marine
>> got out of his Chair, went up to the  professor, and cold-cocked him;
>> knocking him off the plat form. The professor was out cold.
>>
>>     The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The
>> other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in
>> silence.
>>
>>     The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at
>> the Marine and asked, "What is the matter with you? Why did you do
>> that?" The Marine calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting
>> America 's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid things
>> and act like an idiot . So, He sent me."
>
> An omnipotent, omnipresent being was too busy to do something?

He's only omnipotent and omnipresent when it's convenient for justifying
whatever needs a justification. Oh, and he's also "not interfering",
again except when it's convenient. So the True Believers (like Jabriol)
say.

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5; Anonymous Psycho Criminal #18
TEH USENETS BULLIE
http://www.runescape.com/
Join my RuneScape clan!
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Holy_Pretzel_Cabal/index.php
Full name of clan: Cabal of the Holy International Discordian Internet
And Usenet Terrorist Pretzel

Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle
Trainer of PorchMonkey4Life
http://www.screedbomb.info/porchie/

Hammer of Thor, July 2008

"But the other thing about her, she does know about international
relations because she is right up there in Alaska right next door to
Russia." -- Steve Doocy of FOX News was obviously a football player in
his early adulthood.

Hey, Aggie! Does this sound familiar?

"Marcella proves once again that she's an ignorant racist bigot." -- OK,
what race are Greeks, again? Aggie's so much more knowledgeable than I
about that sort of thing. Message-ID:
<O-ednWCl9cDEQFvVRVnyjgA@eclipse.net.uk>

"It could be several." -- Aggie answers marc_CH's question about which
drugs Jamaican athletes such as Powell and Bolt have been taking.

"Only athletes on drugs win meddles. [...]

"And the funny thing is the Greek weightlifters were not winning meddles
even while on drugs. Clearly every single weightlifter that beat a Greek
weightlifter was taking more drugs than they were." -- Yeah, that's the
ticket, Aggie! Message-ID:
<c_2dnTTpk7xBa17VnZ2dnUVZ8tHinZ2d@eclipse.net.uk>

"Do Usenet posters on drugs not know how to spell 'medals'?" -- They
really don't, marc_CH. Message-ID:
<6iifvaFqlv6kU1@mid.individual.net>

"Not supporting me is equivalent to forfeiting your own rights." --
John D. Wentzky: Warrior For Your Freedumb! Message-ID:
<33km2419sg6fnq3shtbatqa602eagfbskl@4ax.com>

"You cognatatively challenged fool!" -- According to Agamemnon, Stephen
Wilson is, apparently, highly ignorant about cognates, and so is anyone
who dares to disagree with him, in Message-ID:
<Jvidnfyewe883sjVnZ2dnUVZ8rOdnZ2d@eclipse.net.uk>

"Is it still necrophilia if I'm conscious?" -- Owen Harper, "Dead Man
Walking", Torchwood (20/207)

Eric "Reality Check©"/"Vox"/"_ Prof. Jonez _"
Ross is a racist and
homophobic liar, k00k, and paedophile, as well as a coprophage.