Suburban Wiper Motor GM Recall

Von: jcage@lycos.com [Profil]
Datum: 22.09.2009 04:31
Newsgroup: alt.autos alt.autos.gm alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks
In about 2003, a recall came out for GMC Suburban wiper motors between
the years of about 1994 thru 1997, for whatever reason I never
received notification and now find myself wanting to change out either
the module OR the entire motor.  Info on the recall is here:
http://www.automotix.net/autorepair/recalls/8987-recall/

Autozone shows replacement motors including the controller at $50-90
or so...
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=Wiper+Motor&
currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Electrical+%26+Lighting&navValue700104&item
Id4-0&parentIdW-0

The controller card is considerably cheaper at ~$30.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=Wiper+Motor+Puls
e+Board+Module&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Electrical+%26+Lighting&navVa
lue701118&itemId18-0&parentIdW-0

Has anyone else here experienced this wiper motor failure?  I'm
hopeful the GM recall will still cover the matter but am trying to
gather some useful info, just in case they don't.