Review: "The Shallows - What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains"

Von: inter@rip.ax.lt [Profil]
Datum: 04.06.2010 16:44
Newsgroup: rec.arts.books alt.books
(Wall St Journal) - While toiling over what you are now reading, I
scanned my three email accounts dozens of times and wrote a handful
of emails; I responded on my cellphone to a score of text messages
from my girlfriend and kids; I checked the balance of my bank
account to see if a promised payment had arrived . . . and so on.

Yet I'm relatively unwired. I don't do Twitter, Facebook or Skype.
And I did all this digital darting hither and thither even though I
found the subject I was supposed to be writing about  Nicholas
Carr's "The Shallows" (Amazon: http://xrl.us/Shallows )  quite
absorbing. And disturbing. We all joke about how the Internet is
turning us, and especially our kids, into fast-twitch airheads
incapable of profound cogitation. It's no joke, Mr. Carr insists,
and he has me persuaded...

Continued: http://xrl.us/Shallows2

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]