Re: Call it what you will

Von: James (bireda1@verizon.net) [Profil]
Datum: 17.05.2010 14:23
Newsgroup: alt.religion.christian alt.bible alt.christnet
On >Fri, 14 May 2010 08:12:30 -0700 (PDT), Paul Horton wrote:
>Re: Call it what you will

> Considering the basic nature of sin, I find something very
> interesting. At the foundation of every sin is a re-defining of
> language. When Eve was tempted, satan re-defined what God had told
> them. In today’s society (the most completely depraved generation to
> ever exist) we find something very interesting also. Look at the
> language of today. “Gay” is no longer happy. “Marriage” is not a
man
> and a woman. “Church” is not the called out ones anymore, it’s a
> place. Sin is not that which is against God’s will, it’s a personal
> problem that can be fixed by attending psychologists. And if I look at
> the vocabulary of the general public I find a frightening problem.
> Listen to the young and you’ll hear them creating their own language.
> Slang is becoming the language of the day. Satan has undermined the
> truth in these last days by corrupting our ability to communicate with
> each other regarding what is true. Ponderous stuff.
>
> By His Grace.

Hello,

Yes, Satan's desire is to hide the truth about God's word in whatever
way he can. Redefining what the words of the Bible means, is certainly
one of them. We hear the results of Satan's tactics at 2 Co 4:4,

"in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the
unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the
glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (NASB)

For example, Satan did such things in Jesus' day causing the Jews to
misinterpret the Scriptures. Mt 15:9,

"And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments
of men." (NKJV)

And of course he is still doing that today. But genuine Christians are
aware of this fact (2 Cor 2:11), and carefully research the
Scriptures, finding proof for its true meaning. Ac 17:2,3,

"2. And according to Paul's custom, he went to them, and for three
Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
3. explaining and giving evidence that the Christ had to suffer and
rise again from the dead, and saying, "This Jesus whom I am
proclaiming to you is the Christ."" (NASB)

Sincerely, James

Have Jehovah's Witnesses' questions?
http://www.watchtower.org

**please note I cannot follow all ng threads