About losing eternal life

Von: rhuff163 (rhuff163@cfl.rr.com) [Profil]
Datum: 01.06.2010 11:49
Newsgroup: alt.christnet alt.christian.word-of-faith alt.christian.businessmen alt.christian alt.bible.memorize
Devotional Guide For the Week of May 30, 2010

JESUS IN NUMBERS/DEUTERONOMY

About losing eternal life

To Know:

³Then at the Lord¹s command Moses gave this order to the Israelites: What
the tribe of the descendants of Joseph is saying is right. This is what the
Lord commands for Zelophehad¹s daughters: They may marry anyone they please
as long as they marry within the tribal clan of their father. No inheritance
in Israel is to pass from tribe to tribe, for every Israelite shall keep the
tribal land inherited from his forefathers.¹²          (Nu. 36:5-7)

When my grandfather married my aunt, my father lost his inheritance. Our
family land came to us from Puritan times. As a boy, I rode around town with
my father as he took great delight in pointing out houses and lands that
once belonged in our family. My great-grandfather was a stonemason. When we
drove past many of the old estates, my father reminded me that his
grandfather had built the stonewalls. Because his mother, my grandmother,
belonged to one of the oldest families in town, we once owned a giant tract
of land. Until my boyhood, a remnant of the land was still in the family. In
his old age, my grandfather built a house and chicken coops on the acreage
that was left. My grandmother died a year and a half before my parents wed.
At the wedding, my grandfather was the best man and my mother¹s older sister
was her matron of honor. Years before, my aunt¹s husband had deserted her.
Therefore, two years after my parents wed, my grandfather married my aunt.
When my grandfather died first, he willed the family land to my aunt.  Six
years later, my aunt died and willed the land to her children. In order to
prevent the loss of the inheritance to any tribe in Israel, it was God¹s law
that marriage be within the clan. In this way it was certified that future
members of the tribes would never be deprived of the lands God promised to
give to his people. In this way, the Lord symbolized his intention that
those who trust themselves to Jesus Christ might never lose the eternal life
he died to make our inheritance.

060110$-060110

<{{{{{{><

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]