About God's Word on the computer

Von: rhuff163 (rhuff163@cfl.rr.com) [Profil]
Datum: 07.06.2010 06:43
Newsgroup: pdaxs.religion.christian aus.religion alt.fan.jesus-christ alt.fan.jesus alt.christnet.theology
Devotional Guide For the Week of June 6, 2010

JESUS IN NUMBERS/DEUTERONOMY

About God¹s Word on the computer

To Know:

³Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God
with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These
commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts² (Deut. 6:4-6)

At an ordination examination, a candidate for the Christian ministry was
challenged to know the Bible better. The aspirant could not cite the
biblical texts that supported her answers. The challenge was not to be a
better interpreter of scripture. The concern was that the examinee be better
able to locate chapters and verses where her answers were taught. One of the
examiners stood to challenge the challenger. He contended that memorizing
scripture was not only unnecessary; he considered it a positive waste of
time. He pontificated on the fact that libraries and computers exist to
store information and that it was simple enough to retrieve all necessary
information. Moses would have vociferously challenged the challenge to the
original challenger. God means for his word to be resident in the human
heart. ³Upon the heart,² says Moses, is the proper place for the Word of
God. Psalm 119 says, ³I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not
sin against you.² (Vs. 11)

Jesus likened God¹s word to the food we feed our body.  When Christ came to
Jacob¹s well, he expected to meet with the most immoral woman in Sychar. His
Father in heaven had chosen this woman for a daughter. Jesus is not naïve.
The Lord knew that the only way for this woman to enter the kingdom of
heaven was to remove her sins. He also knew that he had come to earth to
take away sin by his self-sacrifice. Her salvation would mean Christ¹s
damnation. He knew to love this woman meant paying the price of her
adulteries with his blood. Loving sinners was his meat and drink. That is
why when the disciples returned from the village with provisions, Christ
told them, ³I have food to eat that you know nothing about.² (Jn. 4:32) It
is not enough to have this truth available in a computer. We need God¹s word
in upon our heart. Moses told Israel to take God¹s word to heart in order to
be fit to live in the land of promise.

060710$-060710

<{{{{{{><

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]