I Just Can't Wait for That Big Debate (satire)

Von: Heron Bull (nospam@bull.com) [Profil]
Datum: 22.04.2010 11:32
Newsgroup: uk.politics.misc rec.music.makers.songwriting alt.comedy

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CAE207.1BF06BF0

Anybody in here produce spoof videos?
The song need a melody, but otherwise the idea is complete.
(Will split credits if you produce/add melody)

I Just Can't Wait for That Big Debate

Executed as an interspersed trio such as to represent the forthcoming
'presidential' debate on
UK National Television that will form part of the 2010 UK General
Election campaign. Lines are
numbered 1, 2, 3 for the three contenders, with lines seven and eight of
each verse being
executed together (Tutti) preferably in harmony on thirds.
Style is C+W (think similar to Man of Constant Sorrows - but DO NOT use
that tune or
copyright goes out the window - original melody required). To give
contrast/characterisation
a tenor, baritone and bass voices for singers 1,2 and 3 with L, R and
centre field panning
respectively. I hope I've had a dig at the whole calaboose: if you can
think of some particularly
cutting/ironic lines, let me know and if sufficiently cynical I'll
include them (and a credit for you).
Visually, three actors in Clegg/Cameron/Brown masks (articulated/mobile
rubber ones preferably,
but cardboard cut-outs for speed) three podiums and long
range/individual close up cameras.

V1
1 You--'re all style above substance
2 I've got some good sound bites
3 I'm going to land a knock out blow
1 You-- just tread on human rights
2 You're persona--lity not policy
3 And you are always flying kites
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Benea--th the TV lights

V2
1 He-- gave you summary justice
2 They'll privati--se the BBC
3 Forward not back, don't ment-ion Iraq
1 He--'s going to increase VAT
2 You--'ll cause another Great Depression
3 I-- think you're wearing ladies tights
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Benea--th the TV lights

Mid 8 (Tutti)
Don't ask me about no foreign wars
Climate change expenses and graft fees
Don't ask my views on nooks I might refuse
There be no debate on banks we all agree

V3
1We'll bring public security
2 With cameras in every home
3 His lot will bring you a death tax
1 It was you lot who built the dome
2 He'll put 3p on petrol
3 You lot are just Luddites
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Beneath the TV lights

V4
1 You say you'll cut the deficit
2 You lot are control freaks
3 I'm well rehearsed in chapter and verse
1 He's been practising his act for weeks
2 You don't have any policies
3 He'll stealth tax Turkish Delights
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Beneath the TV lights

Mid 8 (Tutti)
Don't ask me about no foreign wars
Climate change expenses and graft fees
Don't ask my views on nooks I might refuse
There be no debate on banks we all agree

V5
1 I bring you change that works for you
2 For work shall set you free
3 I have a fairer future for all
1 Just vote for change trust me
2 Can you be more specific there
3 On questions your claim invites
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Beneath the TV lights

V6
1 You want to keep their DNA
2 I'm going to build bigger gaols
3 He's going to cause a double dip
1 And you're going to sell off Wales
2 He'll make you have ID cards
3 You'll close the pubs at nights
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Beneath the TV lights

Outro/Rep V2
1 He gave you summary justice
2 They'll privatise the BBC
3 Forward not back, don't mention Iraq
1 He's going to increase VAT
2 You'll cause another Great Depression
3 I think you're wearing ladies tights
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Beneath the TV lights
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Beneath the TV lights
T I just can't wait for that big debate
T Beneath the TV li----ghts

© March 2010 Dave Williams
------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CAE207.1BF06BF0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY background="" bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Anybody in here&nbsp;produce spoof
videos?&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>The song need a melody, but otherwise
the idea is
complete.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>(Will split credits if you produce/add
melody)<BR></DIV><STRONG><FONT
size=3></FONT></STRONG></FONT>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><STRONG><FONT size=3>I Just Can't
Wait for That Big
Debate</FONT></STRONG><BR><BR><EM><FONT
size=1>Executed as an
interspersed trio
such as to represent the forthcoming 'presidential' debate on
</FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>UK National
Television that will
form part of the 2010 UK General Election campaign. Lines are
</FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>numbered 1, 2, 3 for
the three
contenders, with lines seven and eight of each verse being
</FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>executed together
(Tutti)
preferably in harmony on thirds.<BR>Style is C+W (think similar to Man
of
Constant Sorrows  but DO NOT use that tune or
</FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>copyright goes out
the window
original melody required). To give contrast/characterisation
</FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>a tenor, baritone
and bass voices
for singers 1,2 and 3 with L, R and centre field panning
</FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>respectively. I hope
I've had a
dig at the whole calaboose: if you can think of some particularly
</FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>cutting/ironic
lines, let me know
and if sufficiently cynical I'll include them (and a credit for
you).<BR>Visually, three actors in Clegg/Cameron/Brown masks
(articulated/mobile
rubber ones preferably, </FONT></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><EM><FONT size=1>but cardboard
cut-outs for speed)
three podiums and long range/individual close up cameras.</FONT></EM>
<BR><BR>V1<BR>1 You--'re all style above substance<BR>2 I've got
some
good sound
bites<BR>3 I'm going to land a knock out blow<BR>1 You-- just tread on
human
rights<BR>2 You're persona--lity not policy<BR>3 And you are always
flying
kites<BR>T I just can't wait for that big debate<BR>T Benea--th the TV
lights<BR><BR>V2<BR>1 He-- gave you summary justice<BR>2 They'll
privati--se the
BBC<BR>3 Forward not back, don't ment-ion Iraq<BR>1 He--'s going to
increase
VAT<BR>2 You--'ll cause another Great Depression<BR>3 I-- think you're
wearing
ladies tights<BR>T I just can't wait for that big debate<BR>T Benea--th
the TV
lights<BR><BR>Mid 8 (Tutti)<BR>Don't ask me about no foreign
wars<BR>Climate
change expenses and graft fees<BR>Don't ask my views on nooks I might
refuse<BR>There be no debate on banks we all
agree<BR><BR>V3<BR>1We'll
bring
public security<BR>2 With cameras in every home<BR>3 His lot will bring
you a
death tax<BR>1 It was you lot who built the dome<BR>2 He'll put 3p on
petrol<BR>3 You lot are just Luddites<BR>T I just can't wait for that
big
debate<BR>T Beneath the TV lights<BR><BR>V4<BR>1 You say you'll
cut the
deficit<BR>2 You lot are control freaks<BR>3 I'm well rehearsed in
chapter and
verse<BR>1 He's been practising his act for weeks<BR>2 You don't have
any
policies<BR>3 He'll stealth tax Turkish Delights<BR>T I just can't wait
for that
big debate<BR>T Beneath the TV lights<BR><BR>Mid 8
(Tutti)<BR>Don't ask
me about
no foreign wars<BR>Climate change expenses and graft fees<BR>Don't ask
my views
on nooks I might refuse<BR>There be no debate on banks we all
agree<BR><BR>V5<BR>1 I bring you change that works for you<BR>2
For work
shall
set you free<BR>3 I have a fairer future for all<BR>1 Just vote for
change trust
me<BR>2 Can you be more specific there<BR>3 On questions your claim
invites<BR>T
I just can't wait for that big debate<BR>T Beneath the TV
lights<BR><BR>V6<BR>1
You want to keep their DNA<BR>2 I'm going to build bigger gaols<BR>3
He's going
to cause a double dip<BR>1 And you're going to sell off Wales<BR>2 He'll
make
you have ID cards<BR>3 You'll close the pubs at nights<BR>T I just can't
wait
for that big debate<BR>T Beneath the TV lights<BR><BR>Outro/Rep
V2<BR>1
He gave
you summary justice<BR>2 They'll privatise the BBC<BR>3 Forward not
back, don't
mention Iraq<BR>1 He's going to increase VAT<BR>2 You'll cause another
Great
Depression<BR>3 I think you're wearing ladies tights<BR>T I just can't
wait for
that big debate<BR>T Beneath the TV lights<BR>T I just can't wait for
that big
debate<BR>T Beneath the TV lights<BR>T I just can't wait for that big
debate<BR>T Beneath the TV li----ghts<BR><BR><FONT
size=1><EM>©
March 2010 Dave
Williams</EM></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CAE207.1BF06BF0--

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]