setting up a small office server

Von: davehowey@f2s.com [Profil]
Datum: 22.01.2007 12:20
Newsgroup: alt.comp
Hi,

We have a small office with about 4 users. Currently we have an old PC
running SME Server (http://contribs.org/) which is fine, but I'm
concerned about backups (at present they are sporadic). There are a few

1. upgrade the server, get RAID (mirrored) (suggestions? dell?)
2. put in another server for backups (although I'm not sure how to make
it backup automiatically with SME server)
3. get something like a netgear SC101 with 2 harddrives (mirrored)
4. continue with manual backups

If anyone has any helpful advice, or can suggest good websites to guide
people through something like this that would be great. We are willing
to spend a bit of money, but the cheaper the better!

Dave