MP3 Player to RCA jacks

Von: Steve B (deserttraver@fishymail.net) [Profil]
Datum: 03.03.2010 23:55
Newsgroup: alt.computer
I have an old heavy huge brand name stereo amplifier and some BIG speakers.
It is the type from the sixties and seventies used to play vinyl records.

I want to hook it up to either a computer or MP3 player and use it for a
juke box, playing randomly.

What type of interface do I need to go from the player to RCA?  I think it
probably will be proprietary to the player.

How do I use the player as a source, then run it through the amp to boost
the signal to the speakers?

Pardon me if this is a simple question.  I've never owned an MP3 player, but
now that I'm researching one, they are fascinating.

Are there big differences in them?  I know they are all over the map price
wise.  I don't need anything terribly robust, as I won't be jogging or
motorcycle riding with it.

And lastly, will it play only MP3 type files, or will it play others as
downloaded from Limewire?  Or is there a way to convert the files that are
not MP3 to MP3?

TIA

Steve