RAM question

Von: Steve B (deserttraver@fishymail.net) [Profil]
Datum: 03.03.2010 23:49
Newsgroup: alt.computer
New to group, so go easy if I ask a simple question

I have a HP computer with XP SP3.  AMD Athlon xp3200+ 2.2 ghz processor
speed, 448 mb DDR RAM

I run IE8, new to do so, as I was getting messages that the old ones would
be phased out March 13.

I have been advised by my computer guy to bump up the RAM to 2 gigs.  I have
room for two DDR boards.  Upon looking for them on ebay, I find high density
DDR RAM boards.  Would this be compatible with the regular DDR RAM slots?
Is there room?  There was some questionable functionality on google posts
about them.

I am going to Vegas Friday, and can probably pick up a couple of 1028 MB DDR
cards at Fry's.  Should I get plain or high density?  Can ebay be trusted
for good RAM hardware?

Thanks in advance

Steve