S.C. Man Gets 421 Years in Bunker Case

Von: Michael Ejercito (mejercit@hotmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 20.09.2007 17:20
Newsgroup: talk.rape alt.true-crime alt.current-events
S.C. Man Gets 421 Years in Bunker Case

Wednesday September 19, 2007 6:46 PM

By BRUCE SMITH

Associated Press Writer

BEAUFORT, S.C. (AP) - A South Carolina man was sentenced Wednesday to
the maximum 421 years in prison for kidnapping a teenager and raping
her in an underground bunker.

Moments before his trial was to begin Tuesday, Vinson Filyaw pleaded
guilty to kidnapping and 10 counts of criminal sexual conduct, one for
each day prosecutors said he held the girl captive a year ago in
Kershaw County.

The teen was rescued after he sent a cell phone text message to her
mother more than a week after her abduction.

``I have a strong belief you have forfeited your right to be a member
of this society,'' Judge G. Thomas Cooper said before handing down the
sentence. ``I can think of no crimes short of murder more repulsive
than these.''

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]