Looking for material on origins of the Drug War

Von: Jorge Cruz Rodriguez (jxrodri@yahoo.com) [Profil]
Datum: 11.04.2010 17:34
Newsgroup: alt.atheism alt.anarchismtalk.politics.libertarian alt.drugstalk.politics.drugs
I am looking for information on the sociology of the origins
and maintenance of the Drug War, especially the relation
of religion to support for the Drug War.  I have Googled up
a few dozen articles but the writers seem to sidestep the
issues, possibly because they don't want to offend religious
groups.  The period of greatest activity seems to be just
before the Harrison Drug Act.  Possibly some of you may
be aware of an article which more or less sums up the
religious connection, which to my memory more or less
parallels the religious connection with "Temperance" and
(alcohol) Prohibition.