About sinning with impunity

Von: rhuff163 (rhuff163@cfl.rr.com) [Profil]
Datum: 04.06.2010 15:11
Newsgroup: pdaxs.religion.christian aus.religion alt.fan.jesus-christ alt.fan.jesus alt.christnet.theology
Devotional Guide For the Week of May 30, 2010

JESUS IN NUMBERS/DEUTERONOMY

About sinning with impunity

To Know:

³At that time I commanded Joshua: You have seen with your own eyes all that
the Lord your God has done to these two kings. The Lord will do the same to
all the kingdoms over there where you are going. Do not be afraid of them;
the Lord your God himself will fight for you.¹² (Deut. 3:21,22)

The forgiveness of God does not always remove the consequences of sin while
it is still this present day and age. Joshua led the Israelites into the
land of promise because Moses forfeited his right to enter with the people.
Also, the generation Moses led out of Egypt surrendered their right to the
Promised Land because they refused to believe the Lord¹s promise to win a
victory for them over the people living in the land. The Lord said, ³But you
were unwilling to go up; you rebelled against the command of the Lord your
God. You grumbled in your tents and said, The Lord hates us; so he brought
us out of Egypt to deliver us into the hands of the Amorites to destroy us.²
(Deut. 1: 26,27) Moses suffered the consequences of his sin and was himself
barred from entry into the Promised Land.  Moses succumbed to the
provocation he experienced when the people directed their anger with the
Lord at him. Instead of speaking to the rock to give forth water, he struck
it a blow. Therefore   the Lord became angry with me also and said, You
shall not enter it, either.² (Deut. 1:37) Our generation expects to sin with
impunity. Indeed, many of the more grievous physical consequences of sin
have been conquered by modern science. The powerful emotional and spiritual
effects of sin may not end until we enter the grave.

060410$-060410

<{{{{{{><

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]