BACON! A Recipe You Will Never Forget: Chicken Coq Au Vin

Von: Nick Nuclear (12457gw@transwestairlines.net) [Profil]
Datum: 15.10.2008 17:49
Newsgroup: rec.sport.pro-wrestling alt.slack alt.cats alt.bitterness alt.fan.cecil-adamsrec.food.cooking alt.food
Trust me, this GRUB is soooo seriously good you're likely GET LAID PROPER if
you prepare it for the object of your desire!

First off, it's really spelled Coq Au Vin, not COCOVAN as illiterate idiots
have called it, according to Wiki.

If you're wanting to cook something REAL YUMMY for dinner, here's a recipe
for you.  It's very easy to make and it will impress your dinner party
guests, too.  It is a recipe that should be a standard in home economics
class at high school, along with basics such as how to make spaghetti, how
to roast a chicken, how to bake a cake, etc.  No cook should not know how to
make this.  And let me tell you it is sublime!  Get some good RED wine for
it, not the cheap ghetto shit for $2.99.  A nice bottle of Kendall-Jackson
brand is recommended (you only need 8 ounces of the wine for the recipe, the
rest you drink while cooking it to get a pleasant buzz on).
In addition to the wine, you're gonna need some mushrooms (canned or fresh),
BACON FAT (necessary for the exquisite flavor of this recipe so don't
avoid-if you do it won't turn out right), Bay Leaves and Thyme, along with
the chicken breasts.

CHICKEN COCOVAN (or Coq Au Vin)

6-8 boneless chicken breasts
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1/4 c. bacon drippings
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 lg. can mushrooms, drained
8 oz. red wine
4 oz. chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. thyme

Brown onions, mushrooms and garlic in bacon drippings. Add wine and chicken
broth. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for
approximately 1 hour. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Flour and brown the chicken breasts in a skillet. Place breasts in baking
dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake at 350 degrees until tender.
Approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

I like this with mashed potatoes or wild rice along with some sort of fresh
steamed vegetables or salad and biscuits (great with the gravy).  (Save this
recipe in your cook book, because you'll want to make this over and over
again, guaranteed.  It's one of those dishes you'll never forget).

____
From your pals at http://www.unknownhighway.com

Donate your spare change to us should you get laid for making this exquisite
grub, please.  We're broke and need money to buy more bacon.