Breastfeeding Improves IQ

Von: pautrey (rpautrey2@gmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 06.06.2010 01:53
Newsgroup: alt.healthmisc.health.alternative
Breastfeeding Improves IQ

A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows
that breastfed infants tested 5.2 IQ points higher than formula fed
infants, for a comprehensive study involving 11 different studies and
over 7000 children.

The study,  to be published in the October edition of the American
Journal of Clinical Nutrition was performed by University of Kentucky
nutritionist James Anderson.

"Our study confirms that breast-feeding is accompanied by about a five-
points higher IQ than in bottle-fed infants," Anderson said.

Within that increase, Anderson and associates were able to separate
the benefits from mother-infant bonding from the purely nutritional
benefits of human milk.

"Our best estimates are that maternal bonding and the decision to
breast-feed account for about 40 percent of that increase, but that 60
percent -- 3.2 points -- are related to the actual nutritional value
of the breast milk," he said.

Read More:
http://www.breastfeeding.com/reading_room/iq_study.html