'Christians-Only' Prison Schem

Von: buckeye (buckeyeelo@nospam.net) [Profil]
Datum: 25.05.2010 19:48
Newsgroup: alt.history alt.society.liberalism alt.fan.rush-limbaugh alt.religion.christian alt.atheism alt.education alt.politics.usa.constitution
PRESS RELEASE
Americans United for Separation of Church and State

You can view an HTML version of this email at the following address:
http://members.au.org/site/R?i=IUbc94GSzFKVnSYbJLC-lA..

Stay Away From 'Christians-Only' Prison Scheme, Americans United Tells
Officials In Three States

http://members.au.org/site/R?i=C-lIQ_Hd5E1npVGk7V8hZA..

Church-State Watchdog Group Warns Corrections Departments About
Constitutional Dangers Of Proposed Sectarian Facility

May 25, 2010

Americans United for Separation of Church and State today warned
corrections officials in three states not to use public funds to send
inmates to a proposed "Christians-only" prison in Oklahoma.

Corrections Concepts, Inc., has proposed building a private prison in
Wakita, Okla., that will indoctrinate prisoners in fundamentalist
Christianity and will be staffed solely with "born-again" Christians.

The Dallas, Texas-based firm recently announced that discussions are under
way with corrections officials in Oklahoma, Kansas and California about
signing contracts to house prisoners. In response, attorneys with Americans
United wrote to officials in the three states, advising them that using
public funds to send inmates to the sectarian facility would likely spark
legal action.

Americans United asserts it would be unconstitutional for government to
support a prison that indoctrinates inmates in one faith and limits hiring
based on religion.

Read the full press release at www.au.org
http://members.au.org/site/R?i=UgUodQfjnMd4oOYmKCiIkg..

Read the Oklahoma letter:
http://members.au.org/site/R?i=ap1WONJ_5Mm0kOfgydgYNQ..

Read the Kansas letter:
http://members.au.org/site/R?i=Vjrb5ZY6XHgwBiaEV_cocQ..

Read the California letter:
http://members.au.org/site/R?i=r0JEbBtxv7jnWVkUdwbNMw..

You are invited to check out the following:

The Rise of the Theocratic States of America
http://members.tripod.com/~candst/theocracy.htm

American Theocrats - Past and Present
http://members.tripod.com/~candst/theocrats.htm

The Constitutional Principle: Separation of Church and State
http://members.tripod.com/~candst/index.html

[and to join the discussion group for the above site and/or Separation of
Church and State in general, listed below]

HRSepCnS · Historical Reality SepChurch&State
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HRSepCnS/

. . . You can't understand a phrase such as "Congress shall make no law
respecting an establishment of religion" by syllogistic reasoning.  Words
take their meaning from social as well as textual contexts, which is why "a
page of history is worth a volume of logic."  New York Trust Co. v. Eisner,
256 U.S. 345, 349, 41 S.Ct. 506, 507, 65 L.Ed. 963 (1921) (Holmes, J.).
Sherman v. Community Consol. Dist. 21, 980 F.2d 437, 445 (7th Cir. 1992)
. . .
James Veverka wrote:
One of the ways to counter the attack on American Constitutional principles
by the religious right is to address their revisionism, misinformation and
distortions.

USAF LT. COL (Ret) Buffman (Glen P. Goffin) wrote

"You pilot always into an unknown future;
facts are your only clue. Get the facts!"

That philosophy 'snipit' helped to get me, and my crew, through a good
many combat missions and far too many scary, inflight, emergencies.

It has also played a significant role in helping me to expose the
plethora of radical Christian propaganda and lies that we find at
almost every media turn.