Re: Blu-ray discs sales figures are higher then HD DVD discs this year

Von: RickH (passport@windcrestsoftware.com) [Profil]
Datum: 17.08.2007 23:54
Newsgroup: alt.video.digital-tv alt.tv.tech.hdtv alt.home-theater.misc alt.home-theater
On Aug 17, 12:45 pm, "HD Freak" <hdfr...@g.net> wrote:
> Blu-ray discs sales figures are higher then HD DVD discs this year
>
> New research data released last Tuesday by Home Media Research provides a
> 1st look at actual disc sales numbers for the 1st half of this year, which
> shows good news for Blu-ray.

That study is skewed by the fact that most laptops sold lately come
with Blueray over HD drives, so that becomes the motivation.  Is it
HT?  Is it convergence?  Also how much of that is due to having the
more popular titles?  I hope eventually the format that "wins" is the
technically better one, not the marketed or politically better one,
like what happened to Beta.  Nobody really benefits if the technically
superior one loses for political/marketing reasons.