Re: K & T wiring

Von: David Nebenzahl (nobody@but.us.chickens) [Profil]
Datum: 04.06.2010 03:51
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
On 6/3/2010 5:17 PM RBM spake thus:

> <hallerb@aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I get it, every best friend, neighbor, uncle, nephew, etc. you
>>> have, has had a disaster of some sort caused by K&T. It's more
>>> likely that you should stop helping your aquaintenances with
>>> their wiring problems-
>>
>> yep attack the person when shown the truth, since you cant discredit
>> the solid info i posted
>
> I don't think that Hallerb empirical evidence would constitute "solid
info"
> in anybody's book.

Of course it doesn't.

I a lot of direct experience working on houses with knob & tube wiring.
With no exceptions, it is in perfectly safe and serviceable shape.

It is, of course, possible that somewhere there are houses with
problematic K&T wiring, and the hallerb had a bad experience with one.
That in no way negates the overwhelming majority of houses that have
perfectly intact K&T. So we can safely ignore his ravings and rantings.