Sisters of kaana...asbaHaa, adHaa, zalla, amsaa, baataa

Von: qureshna@googlemail.com [Profil]
Datum: 01.01.2007 23:54
Newsgroup: alt.languages.arabic
Dear Group Members, 'assalaamu 'alaikum!

A verb like asbaHaa is usually given the meaning "to become".

e.g. asbaHaa Zaid(un) mariiDan= Zaid became ill.

However, I have read in a classical Arabic grammar book that originally
"asbaHaa" meant " to be in the morning"..."adHaa" =to be in
the
forenoon..."zalla" = to be during the day..."amsaa" = to be in the
evening..."baata"= to spend the night etc...

So, my question is this. In the sentence above, what meaning would have
an Arab taken in Classical Arabic period?

I would appreciate very much a clarification on the meaning of this and
other verbs cited, in the Classical period.

Naseer