doubt in protected mode

Von: OS (baladharma@gmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 22.11.2006 12:23
Newsgroup: alt.os
Hi all,

I  have doubt about the memory manager. When i compile any asm
program, it generates
the map file which will contain information about the code segment
,data segment. when i execute
the program, it will copy the code and data to some location in memory
. Now iam jumping to protected mode .

1) if the base address for code and data segment is zero and paging is
disabled , which part of memory will the code and data will be copied

2) will the content of the data segment in the real mode, copied to the
data segment in the
protected or how to know whether  the content of code and data segment
belongs to real or
protected mode,

3) which part of code segment and data segment will be copied in real
mode and
which part of code and data segment will be copied to protected
mode ? when i executed a
asm  program

Please help me in this regards, since it is very much important, i
tried myself a lot to understand but i didnt find the solution

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Dharma

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]