Re: Floating Gaza Flotilla Thoughts / S D Rodrian

Von: George Dance (georgedance04@yahoo.ca) [Profil]
Datum: 05.06.2010 22:28
Newsgroup: alt.writing alt.philosophy.debate alt.arts.poetry.commentsmisc.writing
On Jun 4, 5:41 am, Paul Heslop <paul.hes...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > On Jun 3, 6:05 pm, mattthirteen <sneezuschr...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > now, now, paul...have u ever heard of a petard?
>
> > > i think u just stepped in it.  : )
>
> > So whatever happened to Rob "Mushmouth" Evans? I remember he was the
> > only person I'd seen ever actually use that word, "petard".
>
> > --
> > "Shadowville Speedway" CD on Artemis Records:
> >http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html
>
> I always thought it was what old cusses said when they spat into a
> spittoon :O)

FWiW, a petard is a small bomb: sort of an early version of a
fragmentation grenade. (So "being hoist by your own petard" means
blowing yourself up.) Which is why I did not understand the guy who wa
saying you stepped in one of them.

> --
> Paul  (we break easy)

(then stay away from petards)