Maitreya on the art of Self-Realization + articles by a Master of Wisdom + articles/quotes about Reincarnation

Von: kb (knowbuddee@gmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 14.09.2009 17:31
Newsgroup: alt.consciousness.mysticism alt.spiritual.energy alt.religion.angelstalk.religion.newage alt.philosophy.kant
Maitreya says: "I have not come to found a new religion. I have come
to teach the art of Self-realization, which is neither an ideology nor
a religion, but benefits people of all religions and those who have
none. I seek to express that which I am through you; for this I come.

The Self alone matters. You are that Self, an immortal being.
Suffering is caused by identification with anything and everything
which is not the Self. Ask yourself, 'Who am I?' You will see that you
are identified either with matter (the body), or with thought (the
mind) or with power (spirit). But you are none of these. Mind, spirit
and body are the temples of the Lord. The Self experiences in these
temples the supreme Being and Becoming of the Lord.

One of the easiest ways to know me, Maitreya says, is to be honest in
your mind, be sincere in your spirit, and practice detachment. Any
action performed with dishonesty of mind, an insincere spirit and
attachment is destructive. For example, when you think one thing, say
another, and do something which is different again, you are lost.
Honesty of mind leads to honest speech and honest action. This harmony
leads to peace and happiness. Without detachment there is no
salvation.

Be what you are. Do not surrender your self-respect, your dignity, to
others. Do not allow anyone to cast his shadow over you. A Master
gives experiences, but does not cast his shadow.

Do not follow one another. If you practice honesty of mind, sincerity
of spirit and detachment, you will know me, you will know the Lord.

http://www.share-international.org/maitreya/Ma_teachings.htm#Self-realizati
on
==================
The art of Self-realization
When you ask yourself who you are, you will find you are a spark of
God.
http://www.share-international.org/archives/M_teachings/Mt_art-self-realiz.
htm
==================
The practice of Self-realization
When you practice honesty, sincerity and detachment, you grow in
awareness.
http://www.share-international.org/archives/M_teachings/Mt_pract-Self-reali
z.htm
==================
Maitreya’s teachings
Collections of articles & compilations
http://www.share-international.org/archives/M_teachings/i_M_teachings.htm
----------

Who is Maitreya?

He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions…
Although the names are different, many believe that they all refer to
the same individual: the World Teacher, whose personal name is
Maitreya… Preferring to be known simply as the Teacher, Maitreya has
not come as a religious leader, or to found a new religion, but as a
teacher and guide for people of every religion and those of no
religion.

“At this time of great political, economic and social crisis Maitreya
will inspire humanity to see itself as one family, and create a
civilization based on sharing, economic and social justice, and global
cooperation.”

http://www.share-international.org/maitreya/Ma_main.htm

=========

According to Maitreya, all religions must take responsibility for the
suffering in the world. Instead of teaching salvation, religions are
creating pockets of imprisonment. They have created strife and
conditioned people. But this is coming to an end. From now on,
schools, colleges and universities will help people discover where
thoughts and ideas come from, that we are all connected to the
almighty and that we do not need scriptures to experience our true
Selves.

His Teachings on Religion
http://www.mindlight.info/maitreyas_teachings/mait89k.htm#teach

=======================

A COMPILATION OF MAITREYA'S TEACHINGS
http://www.mindlight.info/maitreyas_teachings/mait89k.htm
=======

"It is a fallacy to believe, as some do, that the main trend of
Christ's work [note: "Christ" is the title of the leader of the
esoteric Spiritual Hierarchy for Earth - He is also known as Krishna,
Maitreya Buddha, the Messiah, the Imam Mahdi, & Kalki Avatar] will be
through the medium of the churches or the world religions...He will
use all available channels whereby the consciousness of man may be
enlarged and right orientation be brought about...the churches are but
one of the teaching avenues He will employ...

"He will not come as the restorer of any of the ancient religions
including Christianity, but He will come to restore man's faith in the
Father's love, in the fact of the livinginess of the Christ and in the
close, subjective and unbreakable relationship of all men
everywhere...

"It is light and--above all else--"life more abundantly" which Christ
will bring, and until He brings it we know not what it signifies; we
cannot realise the revelation which this will entail and the new
possibilities which will open up before us. But through Him, light and
life are on their way, to be interpreted and applied in terms of
goodwill and of right human relations.

"[His] reappearance will knit & bind together all men & women of
goodwill throughout the world, irrespective of religion or
nationality..."  Alice Bailey ---
Djwhal Khul: http://www.mindlight.info/aab/dkext.htm

=======

Articles by a  Master of Wisdom
http://www.share-international.org/archives/Master_--/i_articles.htm

=======

SHARE INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVES:  100s of articles
http://www.share-international.org/archives/

==================

Reincarnation

"I am in exact accord with the belief of Thomas Edison that spirit is
immortal, that there is a continuing center of character in each
personality. But I don’t know what spirit is, nor matter either. I
suspect they are forms of the same thing. I never could see anything
in this reputed antagonism between spirit and matter. To me this is
the most beautiful, the most satisfactory from a scientific
standpoint, the most logical theory of life. For thirty years I have
leaned toward the theory of Reincarnation. It seems a most reasonable
philosophy and explains many things. No, I have no desire to know
what, or who I was once; or what, or who, I shall be in the ages to
come. This belief in immortality makes present living the more
attractive. It gives you all the time there is. You will always be
able to finish what you start. There is no fever or strain in such an
outlook. We are here in life for one purpose—to get experience. We are
all getting it, and we shall all use it somewhere." Henry Ford

"As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be
Again, you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth." — Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe

Reincarnation was an accepted part of the Christian teachings until
around the year 550 when a roman emperor had it removed from the
Christian churches teachings.

"...the so-called ban concerning the doctrine of reincarnation is the
result of an historical error and contains no ecclesiastical authority
whatsoever... any consideration of the topic was suppressed within the
Catholic church — not by profound theological study, but by the action
of [the Roman Emperor Justinian]."
From a 1 page article:
http://www.mindlight.info/maitreya/emperor.htm

"The great initiate-philosophers knew and taught metempsychosis.
Pythagoras, Plato, Pindar, Herodotus the historian and Socrates all
believed in reincarnation. Pythagoras had the surname ‘Mnesarchides’,
which means ‘one who remembers his origins’. According to Diogenes
Laertius in his Life of Pythagoras, the sage talked of previous lives
which he recalled." Felicity Elliot
http://www.mindlight.info/maitreya/fe_reinc.htm

"I look upon death to be as necessary to the constitution as sleep. We
shall rise refreshed in the morning."  Benjamin Franklin

"Reincarnation contains a most comforting explanation of reality by
means of which Indian thought surmounts difficulties which baffle the
thinkers of Europe."  Albert Schweitzer

“I’m a great believer in the hereafter, in karma, in reincarnation. It
does make sense. I believe that God is not just a law-giver, but a
creative artist. The greatest of all. And what characterizes artists
is that they want to redo their work. Maybe it didn’t come off
perfectly, so they want to see it done again, and improved.
Reincarnation is a way for God to improve his earlier works.” —Norman
Mailer

"He saw all these forms and faces in a thousand relationships become
newly born. Each one was mortal, a passionate, painful example of all
that is transitory. Yet none of them died, they only changed, were
always reborn, continually had a new face: only time stood between one
face and another." Herman Hesse, Siddhartha

This life is only one of a series of lives which our incarnated part
has lived. I have little doubt of our having preexisted; and that also
in the time of our pre-existence we were actively employed. So,
therefore, I believe in our active employment in a future life, and I
like the thought."  General Charles Gordon

Articles about reincarnation, karma, & past lives
http://www.mindlight.info/dir~rein.htm

=======

"The collapse of the stock markets, beginning in Japan, will force
governments to see certain priorities which Maitreya has enumerated:
(1) the supplying of sufficient, correct food for the people; (2) the
supplying of adequate housing and shelter; and (3) the supplying of
education and health-care facilities for all as a natural right. This
does not seem too much - food, shelter, health-care and education -
but there is nowhere in the world in which all of these automatically
exist. Not even in the United States which sees itself as the richest,
certainly militarily-speaking the most powerful, nation in the world,
do these pertain as a common right. There are 33 million people... in
the United States living under the poverty line. When these simple,
basic priorities are implemented you will have a transformed world. As
soon as we recognize our responsibility for the Third World, we will
implement the principle of sharing.

...Just to stay alive, millions in the Third World work harder, and
for longer hours, than any ‘developed’ worker would countenance. Just
to get water (often impure and potentially dangerous to health), many
walk miles per day in temperatures of 40 degrees centigrade. To gather
firewood for cooking becomes a major, all-day task. Without money or
technology which Westerners take for granted, miracles of ingenuity
are performed daily in otherwise hopeless conditions..."

from: Benjamin Creme-
http://www.share-international.org/archives/social-justice/faq_social-justi
ce.htm
-------------

Articles by Benjamin Creme:
http://www.mindlight.info/dir-esoteric.htm#Creme

===

Sharing is the key of keys. Through sharing men will come to know the
meaning of God's love. Without sharing there can be no future for man,
for the time has come to manifest God's love-- or die. Sharing
provides the answer to all man's problems & a sure entry into the New
Age. Through Sharing peace will prevail. Through sharing, justice will
be won. Through sharing & cooperation, brotherhood will flourish & a
new &  glorious future open for man.
http://www.mindlight.info/maitreya/msfutur.htm