It is not authority that is bad, but the love of authority

Von: holyfool@wondering.com [Profil]
Datum: 08.06.2010 18:41
Newsgroup: alt.religion.christianity Summary: alt.religion.christian.episcopal alt.religion.christian.biblestudy alt.religion alt.christnet.theology alt.christnet.evangelical alt.christnet.christianlife alt.christnet.calvinist
"...it is not authority that is bad, but the love of authority; not
glory, but the love of glory and - what is worse - vainglory; not the
acquisition of virtue, but to suppose that one has acquired it; not
spiritual knowledge, but to think that one is wise and - worse than this
- to be ignorant of one's own ignorance; not true knowledge but what is
falsely called knowledge (cf. I Tim. 6:20); not the world, but the
passions; not nature, but what is contrary to nature; not agreement, but
agreement to do what is evil and does not contribute to the soul's
salvation; not the body's members, but their misuse."

St. Peter of Damaskos.

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe
that you receive them, and you will have them."  Mark 11:24

Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you.

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]