Donna Kupp heresy 4 - Jewish Sabbath required for salvation

Von: vince garcia (vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com) [Profil]
Datum: 08.06.2010 14:05
Newsgroup: alt.religion.christian.biblestudy alt.religion.christian.pentecostal alt.bible.prophecy alt.religion.christian.presbyterian alt.religion.christian.episcopal
Donna Kupp wrote:

> THE LORD'S DAY
>

> Friends,  It is clear that like the Pharisees of old, many
> church leaders of today with their clever reasoning and
> sophistries, have "nicely set aside the commandment of God
> in order to hold fast the traditions of men."
>                             (Matt 15:1-20)
>

> "No matter how big the church, no matter how many scriptures
> they use to prove their doctrine, look for the red flag. If they
> have set aside even a part of God's law, they have turned away
> from the truth.  By the way, the Sabbath is the fourth
> commandment.  To deny it is to deny the God that has declared
> the seventh day to be holy.  The Epistle of James teaches that
> there is one law with ten parts.  If you refuse to obey any part of
> it, you are refusing the authority of the lawgiver"

In her never-ending biblical perversion, Donna Kupp has missed Paul's
points in Galatians, where he rebukes the Gentiles for keeping the
sabbath.

Gal 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

There were exactly FOUR sabbath types in Judaism, and Paul listed and
condemned the keeping of all four sorts here:

1. weekly sabbath
2. New moon (rosh Kodesh)
3. Times (the "appointed times": biblical holy days in the law:
passover, first fruits, pentecost, trumpets, atonement, taberbacles)
4. Sabbath years. (there was one in AD 48 or 49 when this was written.)

Now false teacher kupp will try to claim Paul is speaking about pagan
astrological observances, but the theme of Galatians is 100% a rebuke of
galatians keeping THE JEWISH LAW, NOT PAGAN LAWS!!

from the subject to remind them of how well they once got along, THEN GO
TO VERSE 21 WHERE HE PICKS UP HIS THEME AGAIN, AND WHAT DOES HE SAY?

21 Tell me, ye that desire to be UNDER THE LAW, do ye not hear the law?

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid,
the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of
the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the
one from the MOUNT SINAI, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Paul HAS NOT been talking about pagan practices, but the sabbaths in the
LAW FROM SINAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it would help, let's write that out, omitting the extraneous verses
that divert to talk about the relationship paul and the galatians once
had, and focus only on the connected theme of the indictment he is
making:

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how
turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire
again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid,
the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of
the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the
one from the mount Sinai, which
gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem
which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth
and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more
children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was
born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her
son:* for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the
freewoman.

* Words 100% applicable to judaisers harold and donna kupp

Now kupp will say:

> When Paul said:  "ye observe days", it could not mean The Sabbath
> Day because Gentiles couldn't "turn back" to Sabbath observance.

Once again, incapable of reading any scripture in the context of the
text, let alone the culture, kupp misses that Paul was NOT claiming
these gentiles had ever kept the sabbath; his point is:

8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by
nature are no gods.

meaning, as good pagans, they had performed religious duties and
obligations [like honoring certain days, making certain sacrifices, and
doing certain things] to appease creatures that by nature were not gods,
but merely masqueraded as gods, and now, having been deceived by
judaisers like kupp, they were now returning to a system of works-based
appeasement of the God they had turned to through law, circumcision
and/or sabbath observance, which is why paul says (and thank uou Who
Ville for continuing to nail kupp on this verse):

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of
the law, or by the hearing of faith?

So when kupp says: >So with that in mind, what does
> "Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years" mean in
> context?...

she shows yet more fruit of her incompetent understanding of the Bible
since the CLEAR context from verse 21 is that Paul IN CONTEXT is
speaking of the sabbath donna kupp is basing her security on!

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]