BETHEL WOODS, INC. - MUSIC AND ABUSE

Von: Freedom Man (liberty@once.net) [Profil]
Datum: 25.08.2009 21:37
Newsgroup: alt.rock-n-roll
BETHEL WOODS, INC. - MUSIC AND ABUSE

When spending good money for concert tickets, and paying OUTRAGEOUS prices
for food and

refreshments - like FOUR DOLLARS for a small bottle of water - WE HAVE A
RIGHT TO BE

TREATED WITH RESPECT.  We are fools to tolerate anything less!

On line to enter the Woodstock 40th anniversary concert at Bethel Woods, I
had a carrying bag in

which, among other things, was a tambourine.  One poorly trained or just
plain stupid guy working

security at the entrance asked to see what was in my bag, so I opened it and
showed it to him.  He said

I could not bring it in. When asked why, he said because the tambourine was
a "hard object." When I

objected, he told me I should bring it back to my car - about a HALF MILE
away!  I objected further,

so he told me I could check it at a nearby customer service tent and get a
receipt for it.

At customer service, I was told that they DO NOT check things and that I
COULD bring it in, but I

should go through the gate at a different location to avoid the person that
told me I could not do so.

I did that, but there another moronic bag-checker had the AUDACITY to STICK
HIS HAND INTO

MY BAG to go through what was in it!  He is very lucky I am a peaceful man!
Even a POLICE

OFFICER has no legal right to do that without probable cause.  Did that
idiot think that if I had anything

prohibited or illegal, I would be so stupid as to have it in a bag that was
to be examined?

I also witnessed a glass water bottle being stolen ("confiscated") from a
friend, but I did not object at

the time - after all, glass can be dangerous.  However, I then saw beer
BEING SOLD IN GLASS

BOTTLES inside the venue!

Did you know that many concert venues carelessly inflict permanent hearing
loss on their patrons?

Seated close to one of those huge speaker stacks, you are likely to be
subject to dangerous levels of

sound long enough to cause permanent innerear damage if you don't wear good
protection.

Actually, Bethel Woods is not nearly as bad as some other places I've been
to. I now NEVER go to

some, like Madison Square Garden, that charge you a fortune then treat you
like shit.  Such places are

staffed by bullying goons that will STEAL anything they can from you.  They
know you can't complain

to a cop that your pot was stolen, and that you are likely to tolerate their
crap rather than risk being

thrown out.  They only get away with this abuse because We the Sheeple have
allowed them to. Well,

as Dylan wrote, "The Times, They Are a-Changin'!"

Management is FULLY RESPONSIBLE for the conduct of employees and their
treatment of patrons.

If we stop patronizing the abusive concert profiteers, and tell them why,
they will start treating us with

respect!

ALTERNATIVES TO ABUSIVE CONCERT VENUES

Do you have a home theater system?  This combination of wide-screen TV,
DVD/videotape player,

and stereo sound system can give you entertainment experiences comparable to
being at a live show.

You can buy one with the money saved by not going to a few commercial
concerts.  For the cost of

another concert, you can get enough CDs and DVDs to enjoy your favorite
bands for months - and

without the obnoxious commercials that you get onscreen at live shows
nowadays.  Yes, despite all you

spend there, they subject you to advertising!

The home theater system or a high-quality stereo system allows the enjoyment
of your favorite bands in

the privacy and comfort of your own home.  No hours of travel to and from
the concert venue.  No

parking problems.  No paying large sums for tickets, related expenses, and
transportation, and no

outrageous prices for refreshments.  No idiots violating your rights and
privacy by searching you and

your property, and "confiscating" whatever they want to.  No bad seats from
which the view or the

sound is not good.  No being surrounded by drunks and noisy rowdies.  No
nasty security goons to

push you around or even rob you.  Want to light up a doobie?  - go ahead;
you are at home partying

and can do whatever you please.  You have total control.  Take a break
whenever you want - just push

the pause button first and you won't miss a thing.  And you can even choose
what you see and hear,

skipping over what you don't care to.  And once paid for, your home theater
or sound system will last

for many years with no further cost.

TELL ALL THE GREEDY, DISRESPECTFUL CORPSERATE CONCERT VENUES
WHAT THEY CAN DO WITH THEIR MUSIC AND ABUSE!

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]