Beau (from John Peel?s Dandelion label) - ?Hold My Peanuts? on YouTube

Von: TM (trevormidgley@ntlworld.com) [Profil]
Datum: 10.09.2009 13:14
Newsgroup: alt.rock-n-roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFVuvUMYXRo

This song has quite a history. In fact, it’s a true “lost work” (some
might say it should have stayed that way!)

I wrote "Hold My Peanuts" in the mid-’90s and demoed it solely for
registration purposes. Then something happened - I don't know what or
why - but both the recording and the lyric sheet went missing.

I have books of completed songs and a huge clip of unfinished snippets
accumulated over time. Several years back, I remembered the song's
existence and looked everywhere for it but couldn't find it; then,
shortly before Christmas 2008, I found both the lyric and the MiniDisc
demo in amongst a bunch of totally unrelated papers in the loft.

So enjoy! It's a subtle little thing. You don't get quality like this
all the time…

One footnote: last December I circulated the song amongst a select
group of friends – just as a small Christmas present and a way of
saying “thanks” for their support.

In February, I heard "Hold My Peanuts" was being sung in an Adelaide
folk club – no doubt after a few tinnies! That’s the way with folk
music…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFVuvUMYXRo

To see the full collection of Beau / John Trevor videos, visit
http://www.youtube.com/user/TrevMid

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]