Re: Abandoned/ignored: victims of EXPEDIA's incompetence

Von: Brian K (brian1951blog@earthlink.net) [Profil]
Datum: 13.03.2010 23:34
Newsgroup: alt.travelrec.travel.air rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said  On 3/13/2010
11:13 AM:
> tim.... wrote:
>

>> He only "Saved a bundle" by separating the flight ticket out of the
>> tour.  I don't suppose that he got his flight with Expedia any
>> cheaper than he could have got from any other source of individual
>> flight tickets.  So it seems reasonable to expect the same level of
>> service that any other TA would give when selling a flight ticket.
>>
>> Having said that, I do think that he's expecting too much from a TA
>> that simply sold a ticket.  Where I come from, once you have the
>> ticket in your hand that is the end of the relationship with the TA.
>> The resolution of any problems is down to the operator.
>
> Random thoughts.....
>
> 1) If he had bought the air through a travel agency that specializes in
> air, he probably would have to had pay a service fee, however, many of
> these companies subscribe to a "traveler's assistance" program of one
> sort or the other that is available 24/7/365 to help these customers.
>
> 2) Here is another case where a good travel insurance policy can help.
> Many policies offer 24/7/365 Emergency Travelers Assistance programs
> where you can call for help.  The OP made no mention if he had insurance
> or if he was aware that this might have been an option for him.  Oh.. .
> this includes the insurance sold by Expedia.
>
> 3) Sometimes there just isn't a good solution no matter who works on
> it or how hard they try.  After a earthquake, flights out are just not
> available.  A plane ticket is not a guarantee that you will receive
> transportation.  No one plans for something like an earthquake or a
> tidal wave or a hurricane, blizzard, tornado, civil war, terrorist
> plot or any of the other hundreds of things that could possibly go
> wrong in the world.  In a world where instant gratification is often
> demanded, there come times when it just isn't possible to satisfy
> anyone immediately.
>
> Sometimes bad things happen to good people.  It doesn't have to be
> anyone's fault.

Mick Jagger summed it up when he sang: "You can't always get what you
want, but sometimes you get what you need."

--
________
To  email me, Edit "blog" from my email address.

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]