Re: Abandoned/ignored: victims of EXPEDIA's incompetence

Von: peter (peters25@stockton.com) [Profil]
Datum: 13.03.2010 17:17
Newsgroup: alt.travelrec.travel.air rec.travel.cruises
On 3/13/2010 12:26 PM, tim.... wrote:

> Having said that, I do think that he's expecting too much from a TA that
> simply sold a ticket.  Where I come from, once you have the ticket in your
> hand that is the end of the relationship with the TA.  The resolution of any
> problems is down to the operator.

Which is what the contract says, clearly and in capital letters provided
as a courtesy by Expedia:

THE CARRIERS, HOTELS AND OTHER SUPLIERS PROVIDING TRAVEL OR OTHER
SERVICES FOR EXPEDIA, INC. ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND NOT AGENTS OR
EMPLOYEES OF EXPEDIA, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES. EXPEDIA, INC. AND ITS
AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS,
REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH
SUPPLIERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER
DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM. EXPEDIA, INC. AND ITS
AFFILIATES HAVE NO LIABILITY AND WILL MAKE NO REFUND IN THE EVENT OF ANY
DELAY, CANCELLATION, OVERBOOKING, STRIKE, FORCE MAJEURE OR OTHER CAUSES
BEYOND THEIR DIRECT CONTROL, AND THEY HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
ADDITIONAL EXPENSE, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, RE-ROUTING OR ACTS OF ANY
GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL EXPEDIA, INC., ITS AFFILIATES
AND/OR THEIR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY
CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY
TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND
SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE
USE OF THIS WEB SITE, (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, DATA,
PROFITS, SAVINGS OR OPPORTUNITIES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT,
STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF EXPEDIA, INC., ITS AFFILIATES,
AND/OR ANY OF THEIR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
DAMAGES. EXCEPT IN RELATION TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY
FOR WHICH NO LIMIT APPLIES.

So HLE is a victim, not of Expedia but of his own incompetence.