"Dollhouse" - wait for Week 6

Von: Dave U. Random (anonymous@anonymitaet-im-inter.net) [Profil]
Datum: 02.03.2009 15:19
Newsgroup: alt.tvrec.arts.tv
Time http://tinyurl.com/bk334p

I'm sticking with Dollhouse. I do not blame you if you are
not. I'm sticking with it because, despite an unfortunately-
cast lead and a possibly-impossible premise, Joss Whedon's
playing with some interesting ideas and I want to see what
he might do with them, on the basis of his past work. You
may not be sticking with it because you feel it's a letdown
compared with his past work.

In any case, in their publicity interviews, Whedon and
company have been making the case that the show really
finds itself about halfway into its first season. Talking
to the Onion's A/V Club, Eliza Dushku puts a number on it
(h/t tvtattle):

"We've now done 13 episodes, and people have said that the
show took off once [Fox] finally realized that Joss is best
off left alone to do his thing. That happens around episode
six—six through 13 are just extraordinary. I love one, two,
three, four, and five, but Joss' first script that he did
after the pilot is number six, which is called “Man On The
Street,” and it is just unbelievable. From that point on,
the world unfolds in Joss' way, with Joss' speed, and it's
really remarkable." http://tinyurl.com/bxrehn

They should have tried that in the promo copy: "Gets really
good in a month and a half!" Anyway, after the latest
episode http://tinyurl.com/bath5q , which I have not seen
yet, I may take a couple weeks off. And if the show's not
good seven or so episodes in, somebody owes me.