Are color movies harder to do under water? In 1956?

Von: mm (nopsammm2005@bigfoot.com) [Profil]
Datum: 07.06.2010 22:05
Newsgroup: alt.tv alt.photography
Are color movies harder to do under water?  In 1956?

The latter part of the Cisco Kid tv series was made in color, but
Seahunt, which would have looked fantastic in color and was made by
the same producer, and started the year after the Cisco Kid ended, is
in black and white?

Was there some reason in the 50's it was harder to shoot color under
water, even harder or more more expensive than on land?

Cross-posted to alt.tv and alt.photography.  Please let me know from
which group you are replying. I'm only reading one of them now.

Thanks.