Could lightning flashes damage a camcorder ?

Von: Skybuck Flying (intothefuture@hotmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 12.04.2010 09:25
Newsgroup: sci.electronics.design alt.video alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing/ordering an "expensive" camcorder... with
sound option too ! ;) :)

I might use it sometime to film a thunderstorm...

I am wondering if such "thunder flashes" might damage the camcorder ?

Like a human's eye staring into the sun for too long ?

Can a camcorder be damage by filming the sun as well ?

Currently I am reading the review of the latest and greatest "rave" ;) :):

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Panasonic-HDC-TM700-Camcorder-Review-37681/Low-Light-
Performance.htm

This camcorder does have a little sound issue with the "build-in-fan" but it
doesn't seem to bad... ?!?
(If I do buy it I hope I won't regret... maybe a piece of paper can be
placed over the fan input air hole to temporarely reduce the noise ?;))

Also some people were complaining about some kind of "gravity lock"... can't
film in certain angles ? or rotations ?

I hope that it can at least point it towards the ground and the sky ?

Bye,
Skybuck.