Can't read burned my CD-Rs and DVD-Rs in an older DVD-ROM drive?

Von: Ant (antant@zimage.com) [Profil]
Datum: 13.03.2009 09:33
Newsgroup: alt.video.dvdr alt.comp.periphs.cdr alt.comp.cdr alt.cdr
Hello!

In end of 2008, I got a new Sony NEC Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7220S and
upgraded its firmware to v1.01.

I burned datas (tried full and sessions, and even from DVD sized ISOs)
or copy full discs to new blank Memorex 52X CD-Rs and 8X DVD-Rs without
any problems (even used simulation and verifications to play safe) in
both Nero Express Essentials SE v8.3.13.0 and StarBurn v11 softwares. I
put the freshly burned discs into an old Toshiba DVD-ROM Drive
SD-M1912/TMAG 16X/48 (firmware TM00) and it can't read the discs (light
blink forever and updated Windows XP Pro. SP3's Explorer hang until
ejected). Putting the same problematic discs into the burner drive is no
problems (might be slow to read at first, but eventually read the
datas). Reading other official DVDs (e.g., movies, games, TV shows) and
other people's DVD burns (e.g, Titan? brand) seems to have no problems.

I do notice after burning a while, my discs and the drives feel hot (not
burning feeling). I don't know if that is related.

Any ideas what's the problem is?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being
torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend
\ _ /         Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com