Conflicts between drive software

Von: Cyborg-HAF (cyborg_haf@hotmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 26.01.2010 05:02
Newsgroup: alt.video.dvdr
I recently got new Lite-On iHAS424-98 DVDR/W SATA drive to replace a
Plextor PX-870 which was incapable of burning dual-layer media compatible
with my Yamaha player.  The Lite-On burns the same Verbatim DVD+R DL media
that is fully compatible at 4X ( 2.4X media ) as long as I have SmartBurn
software open while burning.  However, when I've tried burning Taiyo Yudin
DVD-R 16X single layer media using Nero 9 I get burn failures a number of
times. The SmartBurn shows speed available for this media up to 24X though I
have only burned at 18X and run into the problem.  I'm considering
remounting the Plextor PX-870A drive along with the SATA Lite-On and using
the Plextor for single-layer media and the Lite-On for dual-layer media.  I
would have to have Plex Utilities software for the Plextor drive along with
the SmartBurn for the Lite-On.  I burn using Nero 9 and  ImageBurn 2.50 for
DVDR media, and use Fuerio for burning music CDRs in a Plextor Premium CD/RW
drive I also have.  My Nero also has InCD 6 packet burning software which I
could maybe remove if needed to avoid conflict with other stuff.  It didn't
appear to conflict with the Plex Utilities alone or the SmartBurn alone but
I don't know if there would be conflict with both of them open at the same
time.  I will wait till next week to try to mount the extra Plextor drive
again and hope I don't run into software conflicts that make it failure.
Herb