XP software compatibility with Windows 7 OS

Von: jcage@lycos.com [Profil]
Datum: 15.02.2010 10:09
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general alt.windows-xp alt.os.windows-xp alt.comp.os.windows-xp
I'm looking at a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and am worried
about the software compatibility with XP since I have a lot of XP
software.  I really don't want to dole out huge bucks to upgrade my
software so how can I best avoid it (if there really are compatibility
issues)?  I heard an 'ultimate' version exists.  If so, what's the
upgrade costs to get to a better compatibility platform?

Thanks very much...

John